kathleenmontemayor1

kathleenmontemayor1

Nightmares at Noon (Dreamwalker Book 2) - Oliver Urban

My review: 5/5 stars

This short story is a continuation of Dreams of You and I. And yes, it is a tease. Mr. Urban leaves us hanging.

It begins with Heather locked up in a small equipment room by some classmates. She falls asleep and is terrorized in her dreams. After noticing how tired Heather is, Katrina worries that the wraith is back and consults with her father.

Unlike a lot of book parents, Katrina's dad is cool. He's not MIA and actually <i>wants</i> her to become proficient with her supernatural gifts. So many book parents want their kids to be "normal" and not use the gifts they have. Like Darrin, wanting his wife Samantha, to not be a witch. Dude, why did you marry a witch then?

But I digress. Anyway, I'm a plot girl, so if you have a great story, I'm all in. But when you give me a writing style I like--not too much or too little description--and realistic dialogue. You're checking all my boxes.
The description of the hospital from the perspective of a freaked out/scared girl was well done and believable.

Can't wait for the next installment!