kathleenmontemayor1

kathleenmontemayor1

Obsidian - Jennifer L. Armentrout

I did a buddy read of this book with my friend, Brandy. This book has been on my TBR for a very long time. I'm glad I finally got around to reading it.

My opinion of the Book boyfriend: My thoughts on Daemon changed from moment to moment. On one hand, he could be utterly cruel. The things he said to Katy were beyond mean and would have left me crying in a corner. I understand he wanted to protect his secret and didn't want a repeat of what happened to his brother, but he was downright rude. Once the cat was out of the bag, he should have dropped the mean guy, "I don't give a rip about you" attitude, but he didn't. Of course, it only added to the interest of the story and the sexual tension.

My opinion of the main character: Katy is feisty and stubborn. I love that she can give as good as she gets from Daemon, but she takes it too far at times. She puts everyone in danger on more than one occasion, just to be contrary to Daemon. I do like that she's not dumb. And she wins the prize for her smart-ass come backs.

My opinion of the plot: Small town, strange people lurking around, a lot of paranoia, government coverup--works for me. I definitely want to continue the series.

Favorite quote: My palms itched to have a close encounter of the bitch-slap kind with his face.

All in all, it was a great, page-turning read and I will be reading more of Ms. Armentrout's work.