kathleenmontemayor1

kathleenmontemayor1

Nightmares of the Queen: Book Two of the Brajj (Volume 2) - Jacqueline Patricks

Five Super Nova stars for Nightmares of the Queen. This second book in the series is even better than the first.

It picks up shortly after the first book and Captain Lewis, Lars and Mathews are back on their earth. Or are they? Something is not quite right. Although they were only gone a week, ten years have passed on this planet earth. Events in the past have been altered or eliminated altogether.

The momentum builds with each passing chapter and instead of finding answers, the characters are left with more questions.

Cass is literally fighting for control of her own body. She doesn't know why she is married to Julian and has no memory of the wedding.

Jaemon is fiercely loyal to Cass, but can't understand her cruel and erratic behavior.

Captain Lewis and the other military officers that survived the wormhole are trying to make sense of this strange earth when Ta'mat comes crashing into their lives once again. This time the whole planet is in danger of Ta'mat. The strands of the story pull tighter and tighter right up to the shocking end.

There are a lot of great lines in this book but my favorite is from Cass/Ta'mat when she describes warping the space time fabric of the multiverse:
She'd tried to quantify it to a human experience-being drunk and high while eating your favorite food and having an orgasm.

I think that just about says it all. This book is un-put-down-able. I was up late reading two nights in a row. I kept telling myself "just one more chapter, then I'll go to bed." It never happened, though. There was never a place I wanted to stop. I have never liked math and never been good at it. After reading Nightmares of the Queen, I know why. Math is truly evil.